Sunday, April 24, 2011

Day Forty-Six(?)

Does Easter Sunday count as part of Lent? Oh well, I'm having so much fun doing my daily posts now I am actually kind of dreading going back to "regular life". Maybe I'll be able to keep it up.

Today was a big day. The Easter Bunny visited our house - twice! Once when Bob & Etta were walking the little dogs and once while I wasn't paying attention. We have a special person in our neighborhood who remembers the girls on special days. We think we know who it is, but it really keeps the magic alive.

And later we went up to Grandma Cathy's & Baba Steve's. The Easter Bunny visited there too! 56 eggs for one lucky little girl. Next year may be a bit different when she has to share with sister...

Starting out with Grandma Cathy. Enlarge the photo and take note of her excellent outfit. Running shoes and socks, capri pants, a long shirt - NOT a dress!! - Thomas coat and red "Bobcat" hat. She is starting to be very ... sure ... of what she wants to wear. But as long as she is clothed I guess I'm okay with it.



She really started getting in to it and needed very little help.



I had to get a picture of Mae in her "Easter" dress. As you can see from the pictures - I don't go much for "traditional" holiday wear. They are cute as can be, are clean and are loved. It doesn't get much better than that!

2 comments:

Team Weaver said...

Oh goodness, Girlie! Those outfits are super silly! Aunt Molly is holding back for sure! Don't let Uncle Jim see your outfit! Love you, Aunt Molly

Kent and Annie said...

Hehehe, she's got some STYLE! :) Brooke pretty much ignores what she's wearing, but as we approach 3 I'm sure it'll change! I didn't buy anything special for Easter either, dug through the closet Easter morning! So much for the days of the Easter bonnets, gloves, etc from my childhood. Hope all is well in Lewiston, we are looking forward to JULY!