Thursday, May 19, 2011

Sisters

And how many posts will have this title?

Although Etta didn't have much interest in Mae when she first joined our family, she is making up for it now. I absolutely love to watch them together. Very gentle and fun. And to hear the two of them laughing and giggling together is the sweetest sound that I have ever heard.

The last couple of days Mae has been making the sign for milk. And while I have sorta kinda started doing some sign language with her I am pretty sure I didn't teach her that. But I had to ask Bob because he taught Etta a few signs without me really knowing either. His response? "Nope. Haven't done it yet". Well, at breakfast this morning we were all eating together. Mae was sitting in her booster across the table from Etta. Etta asked Bob for more milk and used the sign also. I was feeding Mae her cereal but then she refused to take a bite and did the sign for milk using both hands. Gave her the bottle and she was happy as a clam. Bob commented, "Maybe Etta taught Mae the sign for milk. Wow. This is going to be an incredible ride.

"Shopping" at Aunt Sherri's. Amazingly enough Mae fit in the child seat part. It was a good time and all of the grown ups loved it!



Sharing a bed. I haven't put up one of these since...



And reading books this morning. "Mom! Mae keeps grabbing the pages!"

No comments: