Monday, February 6, 2012

Pre-School Preview Day!

Today is Pre-School Preview Day at Beacon. Etta is there right now. So different being back to one baby for an afternoon nap. I was quite productive for the first 90 minutes and now...well, updating the blog (which Erik says has not been updated for a MONTH) is productive, right?

We went up to McGhee and had lunch with Bob so that he could join us in dropping Etta off for her first whole afternoon of school all. by. herself.

At this point she was looking around for "her boys" (the 4 boys in her "class" when I teach band on Tuesdays and Thursdays). She said, "I thought my boys would be here. Their stuff is here". They got to go into the 1st grade room for their own preview day today. There are going to be mostly girls in her class this fall and I think that she is a little disappointed.



When we were still in the car in the parking lot I asked her if I could take her picture. "Maybe you can do that at home Mommy". She did relent once we got inside.



Mae is also ready to go to school! She was very confused today because it was NOT a normal Beacon day. She wanted to stay and get out all of "her" stuff.



Two of her soon-to-be classmates. Zane and Angie. Zane had on a shirt with a dalmation wearing a fire hat. Etta pointed and said, "I really like your shirt!" And they were starting to play trains. I think that things are going to go really well.



I am very glad that she has been going to Beacon with me this year. She is very comfortable with the teacher and the surroundings. I'm sure that she will make new friends quickly and really enjoy her time there!

1 comment:

Team Weaver said...

Good job, Girlie! I am excited for you to you to have other girls in your class. Your hair is getting so long. Love you!!! Aunt Molly