Thursday, November 6, 2008

Green . . . beans?

After highly enjoying rice cereal and oatmeal for a month Etta did not respond to green beans quite the way that I thought she would. After studying them for a few minutes, feeling them, looking at them, getting a taste in her mouth, she decided with the first spoonful that she was NOT interested. To the point of throwing them up! I felt really badly, but knew that she wasn't hurt. I did not make her choke down the rest that day. Scraped up a bit to kind of mix in with the rice cereal helping that I made to finish the meal. Tuesday I did two parts rice cereal:one part beans, Wednesday was equal parts and today will be two to one with beans being the main thing. It can take more than a few times to get kids to eat something. I'm not discouraged!

[To those mothers out there thinking, "She should have started with orange vegetables". "She should have started with fruit." "She should have..." Thanks for the advice. Everybody is different. And since Etta gained 9 oz last week(!) I think that we'll be okay in the long run.]

These pictures don't really do the whole thing justice. But when your baby is literally throwing up the last thing on your mind is getting a good picture!

Hmmmmmmmm, what is this?



It looks like poop!



I let it touch my lips mom. That's as far as it goes.

1 comment:

Ellen said...

Excellent! Ben also hates green beans. He eats everything else, though... I'm sure Etta will find some other things she'll like!