Sunday, November 2, 2008

Race Day

Yesterday I participated in my first "race" since before I got pregnant. I was pretty apprehensive about the whole thing for some reason. Probably due to the fact that even though I have been training a bit I am not anywhere near in the same physical condition that I was pre-pregnancy. But with Christine by my side cheering me on I finished the 4.65 miles strong. (Well, if you look closely I did not finish as strong as Christine...) Etta was sleeping in the car when we first arrived and registered. I was afraid that she would continue to sleep and would miss out on being in her first race. But while we were waiting to start she woke up and daddy quickly got her bundled up and to the start line. Thanks Bob! She slept most of the time as she does during our morning runs. It was a great time and I'm glad that I did it. Thanks Christine for being the support that I needed. On to Missoula!

Waiting to start



Ready, set, GO!



The final stretch. (Check it up close. A look of someone who has been training and someone who obviously has not!)



I'm pooped. Take me home, Bob.

1 comment:

Kent and Annie said...

Wow!!! Way to go Emily! I can't believe your energy. It's amazing that Etta can train with you and be content. Lately my life seems to be filled with company, dr. and dentist appointments... but you inspire me to get back to the gym. :)