Tuesday, April 21, 2009

A Discovery

In most areas I feel that Etta is right on track developmentally. And then, she made a discovery. One that I thought that she had made ages ago. One that Brooke has had under her belt forever.

The tongue.

No joke. Just late last week she finally really discovered her tongue. She started to play with it one morning during breakfast. She can push food out with it. Food that she doesn't want to swallow. Sweet for me. I tried to capture a couple of pictures. Hope that they illustrate a bit.







[On a side note. The sign language learning is going quite well. Depending on your definition of well. She now signs "milk", "all done", and "water". Great, right? Until this morning when I was in the middle of feeding her cereal. She signed, "All done! Water!" Multiple times. Until I gave up and gave her the rest of her bottle. To be fair she had eaten almost a whole banana and a hand full of Cheerios.]

1 comment:

Kent and Annie said...

Wow, look at that! Brooke is so proud! I didn't realize that you all had birthdays so close to each other. Happy birthday to ALL (especially the 1 year old!).