Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Daddy's Girl

Mae is a mommy's girl. From the first second I held her close I knew that it was going to be different than it was/is with Etta. Not that I don't love Etta with all my heart, it was just going to be different.

And boy, how it has.

The first two weeks Mae would only really let me hold her for any length of time. She had to have me to calm her down, to sleep with her (in the recliner, not laying down flat). She just liked me.

This was hard for Bob. Very hard. He had that connection with Etta from day one. Theirs was the "daddy-daughter dance" that got her to calm down in the middle of the night. And she still gets a look of utter bliss and excitement on her face when Bob drives by the front of the house on his way to park in the alley after work.

And these pictures really capture some of that connection.













2 comments:

Kent and Annie said...

I love the photos! The last one is especially cute. As you know, Brooke has been a Mommy girl from day one!

Christine said...

I love those ones!