Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Four Month Annibirthery

On Sunday Mae turned four months old. The pics are from that day, but her doctor's appointment was today so I thought I would wait to post until I had cold, hard stats. Let's see: 11 pounds 7 oz and 23.5 inches long. Not too shabby I guess. About the 25% for height and, to quote the doctor, between 5-10% for weight.

Okay, sounds good to me. So when I got home I pulled out Etta's baby book to see how much smaller she was at four months. Boy, was I surprised. Etta was 12 pounds 10 ounces and 24 inches long. And all this time I was thinking about how much bigger Mae must be than Etta was...These kids, they can surprise you!

Mae is a very happy baby. Most of the time. She is much more of a momma's girl than Etta ever was. But that is okay with me. I kind of missed out before. But it bums Bob out a bit, but he gets it.

She loves to watch big sister play with her toys so I set her up in her walker or on the floor gym and just let her watch. This gets big grins and lots of coos. On that subject, she "talks" WAY more than Etta ever did - until Etta actually started talking...

She's been sleeping through the night and is on a pretty good schedule. Although I go back to work at Beacon today, so that will all have to be adjusted now. But that's okay. She is a pretty agreeable baby.

I couldn't get her to stretch her legs out - but I also couldn't keep her from smiling!

Okay, maybe *one* leg...



SO happy!!

1 comment:

Kent and Annie said...

What a big smile! It makes me sad to think that she's not going to be much of a "baby" when I get to meet her!