Thursday, October 9, 2008

Rice cereal!

We were going to wait for a Saturday so Bob could be present for Etta's first taste of solid food. But things hadn't been working out and I got to looking at the calendar and figured that she would be four before we would have a nice, clear Saturday. So I bit the bullet, got everything set up and fed her cereal myself. I waited until after her long afternoon nap when I figured she would be really hungry. I guess that it worked because she loved it! It was not nearly as messy as I thought it was going to be and she only blew bubbles a few times at the begining. I couldn't feed her fast enough and she would lunge for the spoon each time. Every day she has actually eaten a bit more and I am happy with the results. We are in no big hurry for her to try lots of different food so for now I am just doing one cereal feeding a day. I know that things will change as she grows but I am going to keep a positive outlook.

Here are some pictures of our first adventure.

Waiting for dinner.



Mmmmmmmmmmmmm........



More please!



All done!

1 comment:

Ellen said...

Mmmmm,yummy! We tried cereal for the first time today... it was rather unsuccessful, but hilarious. I'm not sure he actually swallowed any of it. We'll keep trying, I suppose.