Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Pre-Wedding Fun

The morning before the wedding we tried to stay busy as we knew that there would be much waiting for a little girl later in the day. We had stayed with my Uncle Bill and Aunt Marilyn (thanks again!) and Etta did take a morning nap. What a blessing! Then it was off to downtown.

First we took a ride down the big red wagon slide.

Ready, set...



Go!!



[After this trip I decided that Etta was finally big enough to go down by herself. We went back to the top of the slide. I set Etta on and held on for as long as I could reach. Bob was toward the bottom, but pretty far up so he could help. As she started to slide down the look on her face was pure joy. She was not going fast and really seemed to be enjoying herself. And then, disaster. Her body started to turn and a foot got caught on the side. In slow motion (she really wasn't going very fast) she went head over heels and did a face plant on the side of the slide. Thank goodness she didn't fall off! I jumped on the slide to get to her and Bob was reaching also. There was a lot of crying, but it didn't break the skin and she didn't even get a bruise. I, on the other hand, whacked my knee hard getting onto the slide and have a gigantic bruise over my right knee cap and it is still sore. I guess that's my karmic punishment...]

After all of the excitement we went to look at some ducks and geese and enjoy the fall colors.

Standing under the big orange tree and listening to the clock chime 11:00. (Etta LOVES clocks that chime and play music.)



Interesting that this one tree in the middle of everything was changing...



Checking out the falls.



Etta, Bob and the big red bush.

No comments: