Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Weekly Reader

Or should I say daily? Or hourly? Or minutely to be more precise. There was a point that I thought Etta would never want me to read to her. She only wanted to shut the books, wouldn't sit on my lap and overall wasn't cooperative. But now? Now we can read forever. And after I have read a ton of books to her she will "read" them to herself.

Some examples:

15 Animals by Sandra Boynton - You can tell she is reading this book because you hear, "Ba. Ba. Ba. Ba." (Her version of Bob.) Fourteen of the animals are named Bob.

Moo, Baa, La, La, La by Sandra Boynton - You can tell that she is reading this book because you hear, "No, no, no. No, no, no." After "three singing pigs say la, la, la" the next page is, "No, no you say, that isn't right..."

Brainy Baby Bathtub book by ??? - This book she just points to the colors and makes unintelligible sounds. But she is attempting to point to colors and say their names.

Overall I really love it. Can't wait until we start reading "chapter" books together like my mom and I did!

This book is "Our Marching Band" - another fave.



Yes, mommy? Can I help you? Maybe YOU can help ME by reading me this story!



[I took these pictures when at first I couldn't find her because she wasn't running around. And it seemed just too darn quiet for her to NOT be up to no good. I was pleasantly surprised.]

No comments: