Thursday, October 8, 2009

Pumpkin Pickers

Here's a good one.



Or this one.



Let me taste the stem on this one.



This one looks about my size.



Nice pair of melons. Or should I say gourds?



Let's see if I can lift this one out.



Nope, probably just easier to climb in.



Perfect.



And this is my friend Brooke with her own perfect pumpkin.



We were able to take six pumpkins home. A huge thank you to the church that we were visiting. Their generosity was incredible! And it turned out to be an even bigger blessing in disguise because we were going to go to Pomeroy, WA this weekend for a fall festival. Hay bale mazes the whole works. Pomeroy is only about 30 miles away from us so it was going to be great. Bob looked up the web site yesterday. Apparently it is not the TOWN Pomeroy but the Pomeroy FARM that is near Vancouver, B.C. (even farther!!)...Well, at least we found out before we took off on Saturday. But it could have been an adventure I guess.

No comments: