Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Wary Friends

When we first brought Etta home Tubs was her guardian. If people came over to visit he was always right there making sure that no harm was going to come to her. It seemed like they would be friends forever. But as Etta slowly became mobile - and was more into exploring her surroundings by touch - Tubs realized that a fat, lazy dog can't just lay around enjoying the couch if someone is poking him in various parts of his body.

I really thought that all was lost. They could not be left alone together.

But thankfully over the course of the last few weeks he has come to understand that Etta really isn't out to get him. Last week I came into the living room because it was just too darn quiet. Tubs was laying on the rug and Etta was sitting by him. Kind of a peaceful truce. Of course by the time I got my camera out Tubs had started to move which got Etta going, but I did manage to capture...

No comments: