Friday, January 8, 2010

Fast Food Friday

It's been a few Fridays since we have had a chance to do Fast Food Friday. And we didn't get to partake in our usual full slate of activities (ie: the gym) because Bob had a church board meeting. But, had this on the menu, so we got to indulge.

Barbecue Turkey Pizza. Much like Barbecue Chicken Pizza but with turkey. I had this kind of pizza once in high school in home ec.

LOVED IT.

Never had it again.

Weird, I know.

But last weekend as I was wrestling with two deep fried turkey carcii, making two (yes, two) gallons of turkey broth, and deciding to do with all of the leftover turkey bits that wouldn't work for sandwiches, it hit me.

Pizza.

We like pizza, always looking for something new, why not?

It turned out a little bland but you live and learn and try some different things the next time. I used KC Masterpiece Hickory Brown Sugar bbq sauce, sauteed onions, garlic and a bit of green pepper, chopped turkey leftover from Christmas (I had frozen it...), green pepper slices and Monterrey Jack Cheese. Next time I will probably try a few add ins with the sauce that I had found in a different recipe online.

Before...



I thought I should take a picture before so that you could for sure see the green pepper. (That one's for you mom!)

After...



But after taking it out of the oven the cheese melted down enough that you could still see the slices. Presentation is part of it, right?

[By the way: I LOVE the Pampered Chef Pizza Stone that my mom got for me. If you don't have one I recommend saving up for one, or asking for it for a gift, or something. It makes the BEST pizza crust. Crunchy on the bottom but cooked through. My next experiment is going to be bread sticks.]

No comments: