Sunday, September 18, 2011

Outside Eating

Etta has become very interested in doing different things outdoors. She really really wants to sleep outside in a tent, but I have pretty much decided that we missed the boat on that one this year. Next summer we will attempt that.

But the one thing that she has been asking to do that we can accommodate is eat outside.

The people around the block had a garage sale a few weeks ago. As I don't really want to bring anything else into the house - and don't have any extra money to bring anything else into the house - I did not stop by. But the next week I was walking by and noticed a children's plastic picnic table in the back of their pick up buried under a bunch of other stuff. I decided to take a chance and wrote a note asking if they were going to take it to the dump or donate it, but that we would be interested if they were getting rid of it. The girls and I went on a stroll around the block and left the note in the door. That evening the man called and said that they were just going to take it to the dump and I was welcome to it. He did mention that the top had a crack in it. Since I was mainly interested in having an outside table I didn't mind. So I went over later and picked it up. Etta loves it. It works for what we wanted. I didn't have to pay for it. And it's not ending up in a landfill (yet). I have been following The Non-Consumer Advocate for the last few months I am very excited about my find. Things do seem to appear if you wait long enough.

[Although I am now going to be keeping my eye out for a table that fits me.]

No comments: