Thursday, December 30, 2010

Baby Medicine

On Wednesday the 22nd Bob, Mom, Mae & I headed to a local retirement/nursing home to play some Christmas music.



Well, Bob and I played the piano and Mom took care of Mae.

While Bob was playing some solo hymns I was carting Mae around for the residents to look at. One man wheeled his wife over so that Mae was in her view. The look that she got on her face was pure rapture.



She just wanted to snuggle that baby close.



She just held on and was content - much like Mae was one of her own. Her husband was quite nervous and kept reminding me to "Hold on. Hold on. Hold on." But I was right there and was not all that worried.



After wiping tears from his eyes, her husband said it was time to get back to the room for a nap.



But not before one last kiss.



It was a magical visit.

2 comments:

Kent and Annie said...

So precious. I bet you made her year! There is nothing more beautiful than holding a baby. *tears*

Team Weaver said...

It isn't just that lady who wants to snuggle Miss Mae! So wonderful!! Love you, Aunt Molly