Tuesday, December 14, 2010

My Best Friend

And no, we found out that apparently it's not Brooke.

Something "upset" Etta today after lunch (I think that the dog may have been barking outside...) and so she went into her room to "rest". I had to call Bob and while on the phone I decided to check in and see what was up. Well, her door was closed. I opened the door and peeked in. As I did this Etta put her Soothie (pacifier) under her blanket.

Mommy: Etta, what are you doing?

Etta: Restin' with Soothie.

Mommy: Why?

Etta: Because Soothie's my BEST FRIEND!

Mommy: (Trying to not laugh hysterically) Where did you learn about best friends?

Etta: On the TV.

We had checked out a Little People DVD at the library. Apparently it is all about "best friends".

Bob then asked from the phone: I thought Brooke was your best friend.

Etta: Nope. Soothie.

Sorry Brooke. But when Etta turns three "Soothie is going in the garbage." so things should be okay then.

1 comment:

Kent and Annie said...

Hahaha! Too funny and cute. That's okay, we've been talking about the soothie and 3 years old too. (Thanks for the idea!) Brooke says, "HI!"