Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Five Month Annibirthery

Mae is 5 months old today! I can't believe it. Time is definitely going faster this time than it did with Etta.

No stats to report as it is not a well-baby check this month. But an update is in order I guess.

We have settled into a fairly good, consistent routine. That she is now showing signs up shaking up. Although it is just a couple of changes with when she first wakes up in the morning. She is still liking three naps a day with a couple hours of awake time in between. Still working for me!

Mae has really discovered her toes and her tongue. Both things that I would really like to get on video but know if I try to go get the camera she will stop doing. I guess I could probably just get the camera out and ready and try to catch something. (Since we have zero video minutes of her so far...)

Loving being around Big Sister. More than Big Sister is loving having her around. But it is getting better. With a bit more "mobility" (through sitting in the Bumbo and the walker) Etta seems to enjoy spending time with her more. I hope that this will continue.

Planning on starting rice cereal in a couple of weeks. Slow start and see how she likes it.

And...not much else that I can think of right now. Not really rolling. Some front to back and some extreme twisting when on her back. But she prefers to "scootch" around on her back to get anywhere. But she doesn't seem that interested in getting anywhere.

"Talking" more than Etta ever did. Lots of screeches and such. My mom has even been able to hear a few of those. Again, would try to get on video or to more people over the phone - but she never does it when I want her to. Darn kids!

She is still smiling quite a bit. More than the above picture captures.



I was trying to get her to stretch out her legs to get a good length shot. That made her look at me quizzically and stop smiling....

No comments: