Tuesday, June 14, 2011

9 1/2 Month Annibirthery

Better late than never, right?

Mae had her well baby check yesterday. 17 lbs., 1.5 oz., 27 inches long with a head of 44 centimeters. Still little, but fairly average. And healthy!!

Mae is really trying to crawl now. Gets up on hands and knees and rocks and rocks and rocks. But some how she can get from Point A to Point B - I am just never watching at the right time! And today when I went in to get her after her nap she had almost pulled herself up to standing in her crib. I guess it's time to lower the mattress.

Her words include "Ma-Ma" (when she wants something), "Da-Da" and "Etta". "Etta" is the word that gets used the most frequently. But that is a-okay with me.

We are having a lot of fun and it should be an exciting summer!

Over three squares - but still doesn't want to straighten those legs out.



Can I be in the picture? But of course!



It's interesting to compare the two girls as they develop. I just read back here and saw that Etta could crawl at nine months but couldn't get in to sitting position. Mae isn't really crawling, but can get into a sitting position. (I think that is part of how she gets places...) And we have been working on using an open glass, but it's not as easy when there is a certain someone else who wants attention too.

No comments: