Tuesday, August 2, 2011

11 Month Annibirthery

An annibirthery post on the actual day! Stop the presses - what are the chances?!

It was a happy and sad day at the same time. We got to go to the baby pool with our good friends Kai & Niko. And they came over for dinner afterward and played. But unfortunately it is one of their last days in town and they will be moving back to Seattle. We will dearly miss them as everyone plays together so well and we have a great time.

But we did get our picture this morning. On time even. Etta still likes to get involved, just like when she was 11 months old.

Not much new to report in the last two weeks. Growing ever closer to walking. Am thinking that it may happen before she turns one, but making no bets. She sure knows how to get her way and wails when something is not happening fast enough. We also have a biter/pincher on our hands. Oh the joy of that. And when she is told "no" that bottom lip sticks out and the cries start.

But thankfully she is happy the majority of the time. She and Etta are actually starting to play a little bit together. Except when Etta lets me know, "Mom! Mae is bugging me!" I tell you what, she had better get used to that.

Mae did not really want to get her picture today and thought it was hilarious to roll over as soon as I got her flat. I had to plant one foot on her body and then click the picture quick while she was giggling. Really it was pretty cute, but not so much at the time.



She really just wanted to get up and play, play, play. The bedroom is where they really have all their fun. There isn't even any toys in there! Night time is the worst. I mean, best. They lay in there and laugh and laugh and laugh. I'm surprised that some nights they go to sleep at all. It is hard to be strict with them as it is so darn cute to listen to. I know that I'll miss it - sooner than I am ready I bet.

No comments: