Wednesday, August 31, 2011

First Day of School 2011

Today was Bob's first day back in the classroom with kids after a great summer vacation.



It was quite different than his first day back last year and his second first day back last year.

Kind of the same as two years ago, and kind of the same as three years ago.

I've written and written about not going back to school and don't think that I need to write anymore about it right now. (You're welcome.)

And some how in the whole swirl of things I've technically missed Etta's first day of school since she started yesterday. I don't think that I should really be calling it school - she is "just" hanging out in the Beacon pre-K/kindergarten room while I am teaching band. But the more I think about it - and talk to friends - the more it is really school. Pre-school. Or play school I guess. But school. I am not with her, she is in a classroom and she has to follow all of the same rules as the other kids. But since I am on site I hesitate to call it her "real" first day of school. That and the fact that little sister also gets to hang out with all the bigger kids too...those lucky second children...

And thanks to Aunt Molly for the AWESOME fireman boots. I think it will be all that she wears for quite some time...

No comments: