Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Portland, Part I

Last weekend we took a quick trip to Portland so that I could run the Portland Half-Marathon with my college friend and roommate, Andrea.

To start the weekend Mae awoke with an approximately 103 degree fever on Friday night at 9:30 pm. I made a call to a friend/mom/nurse who recommended a medicine dose regime that we followed religiously all night. Saturday morning dawned bright and early and Mae seemed fine - fever broken - so we headed out. Made it to Portland around 3:30, found our hotel, ditched our stuff and started for down town to get registered.

Let me stop here and say that neither Bob nor I are big city driving people. But after a bit of stress we made it to The Hilton Portland, I got all my goodies and we got back on the road to meet our friends for dinner.

After we got back to the hotel Etta watched a bit of TV and then we went swimming in the indoor pool. Silly me, I thought it would be a warm pool since it was inside. Not so heated. But Etta loved it and it made the hot tub all that nicer.

After we got back to the room (and watched more TV) Etta decided she wanted Bob to sleep with her in her bed. Works for me since I had the race the next day but...Mae had a bit of a relapse and woke up every hour all. night. long. 10:30, 11:30, 12:30, 1:30, 2:30 and 4:00. Thankfully she was only 3 steps away.

I'll continue with the rest of the story next time, but for your enjoyment...

Etta settled right in to the hotel life. "This is my bed. But this is the bed that I will watch TV in until I want to go to sleep."



Mae hit the hay early after a quick bath while Etta & I were swimming. Bob didn't even have a chance to get her pj's on. We took this picture because she sleeps just like her Grandpa Eddy!

No comments: