Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Etta's Look

I think that I have finally discovered Etta's "Look". She has some very definite ideas of what she would like her "Look" to be, but I've tried to tweak it just a bit, and with some happy results.

One chilly morning while getting ready for church this fall I grabbed a long-sleeved t-shirt to throw under a short sleeved "polo" dress. Along with that I picked a pair of cream colored jeans as the dress was getting kind of short. Match that with her red school shoes and we've got the look. I've now been able to find three combos out of her closet with a few more to try out.

Last Sunday it was a cherry dress that Aunt Molly gave her last spring (like 18 months ago...yay!), green pants, and denim jacket. Same red shoes and we are good to go. When I finally looked closely and really took it all in I figured out Aunt Molly had purchased every part of the outfit except the socks and underwear. The dress and shoes just for Etta and the coat and pants for the older cousins. Yay yay yay!!! Thanks Aunt Molly!!



We are trying to "girlie-fy" Miss Mae early. And it isn't too hard as she loves shoes and purses and has an almost endless supply of pink clothes. I'm sure that she will have her own style soon also, and while I am hoping that it isn't all pink all the time, it will be hers.

No comments: