Friday, March 30, 2012

Sweet 16

On March 20th The Girls turned 16. Since that was a Tuesday, and they are pretty busy, their mom decided to throw them a surprise party on Saturday the 24th.

We had the pleasure of being the "diversion" for the day. And it was fun! I got to be super mean and make them practice their horns, haul dirt around, study vocab and help Etta clean up the neighborhood. After we had been doing yard work for 2 1/2 hours I suggested we go for a walk. We ended up by the church and I just happened to have to go to the bathroom. When we headed downstairs Etta and I were in the lead. She said, "What are all these people doing here?" Just after that The Girls made it down and everyone shouted "Surprise!" Unfortunately Etta was terrified and I was too busy comforting her to get any surprise face pictures. But I did get some cake pictures.

Hey, how you doin'?



That's a lot of candles! (33 to be exact. 16 for each of them and a single 16!)



Blowing them out.



Hey! Rachel got to blow them all out!



We sure love those girls.

No comments: