Friday, April 18, 2008

Last Day


Well, the last day of teaching has come and gone. There was a part of me that thought it would never arrive and the other part of me that wishes it never had to. Very emotional day. Coupled with the fact that I am over 37 weeks pregnant... Pretty much an open fire hydrant for tears. Some things I will not miss, not even a little bit. But some things I will ache for I think. It is incredible how a decision can seem so clear and right when you are making it and then become so blurry and questionable when it arrives. But we know that once Etta arrives with us there will be no more doubts. That and the crystal clear way that God has made his plan known over the course of the last ten months. There is really no questioning that now. Here is a bouquet that one of my students brought to parent/teacher conferences last night. (Along with a chocolate cake.) She hand selected each flower and had them create the arrangement. No pre-made store selection for her. That right there - that's what is tearing me up inside.

2 comments:

Kent and Annie said...

Hi guys,

I'm so excited for you! I was laughing because I also have planned something for 36 weeks... performing at Bach Fest in Chelan. Woops! How bad could it really be!? :) I also have to leave my students this year, I can't imagine how that feels. Well, good luck in these next few weeks. I'll be checkin' in on you! You are going to be awesome parents.

Steve, Angela and Stevan Dillon Reichert said...

Are you leaving teaching for good to be a SAHM? Or just until the fall?