Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Week 38

3 centimeters dilated and still 80% effaced.

BUT...

"D" Day was decided on. On this post it is Delivery Day! Since the very beginning they have been talking about inducing a week early. Well, that would be next Tuesday, the 29th. But the doctor looked at her schedule and she is on call Monday or Friday of next week. I was there by myself and decided that for me the Monday date would be better. The new medication that I am on is kind of a pain, literally, and I didn't want to be on it for any longer than I absolutely have to. And the doctor also said that the longer we wait the more of a chance I will go into natural labor. She would rather be able to have more control of my medication. Makes sense to me. They have been monitering the baby super close throughout the pregnancy and she said that everything looks really good and that she should be ready. Pretty nerve-wracking to have an actual date set though. I guess that I have a bit to do between now and then. That whole nesting thing could kick in at any minute, that would probably help a lot!

1 comment:

Christine said...

The Final Countdown!!! Monday is gonna be a party! ;o)

We are praying you through this week!