Saturday, February 7, 2009

Over, under, around and through

Every Wednesday morning Etta and I load up and drive up to Bob's school to play piano for his elementary choir. When we started in November Etta was at the angelic stage of sitting up all by herself and playing with whatever toys we laid around her. And then we had Christmas break and did not go up for a few weeks. By the time we started back in she was able to wriggle around. And now? She is an unstoppable machine. We have tried to set up a "play area" consisting of two walls, a diagonal piano and a felt board. She has been exploring Fort Knox trying to figure out how to escape. Well, Wednesday she found an outlet. Not much of an outlet, but a box that she was able to pull up on and then over. The kids think that she is the smartest baby ever. And maybe she is. All that I do when I try to barricade her away from stuff is give her a bit of a challenge and make it impossible for me to get to her.

[This isn't the best picture. Again, I was slow getting my camera and by the time I had gotten it out she was trying to do a face plant off the end of the box and was irritated that I wouldn't let her down...]

1 comment:

Sariah said...

Babies are so cute at Daddy's work. :) My kids think the band room is their personal play room. Anytime we go to the school to see Ches, they RUN in and find their favorite spots. Dallin goes straight for the drumset. Parker goes straight for the instrument locker room or the pile of orange cones. Aiden goes straight to the white board. Etta will be running around like she owns the place before you know it... unstoppable. And it's so dang cute you won't WANT to stop it!! :)