Thursday, December 31, 2009

A few gift opening shots

Christmas morning was very fun. Etta had no idea what was going on. When going through her stocking she only wanted to play with whatever just came out. No going back for more.

I love that.

I will admit, it was a bit frustrating at the time, but I would rather have that than a child who tears through everything demanding, "More! More! More!" I am hoping that next year we can enjoy the same experience.

Another quirky habit she had was while opening presents. She would tear off a little piece of wrapping paper and then have to take it to Baba to put in the garbage bag. We are talking about a piece of paper about as big as a dollar bill. Wouldn't that have taken awhile? While she was making her trip to the garbage I would tear off big chunks for her to haul over. Again, this is a habit that I wouldn't mind seeing her keep.

The third super cute story involves opening gifts at Steve and Cathy's. Each time I would open a box (after she had disposed of all of the wrapping paper...) Etta would say, "Niiiiiiiiice!" A perfect mimic of what she was hearing others say all day.

A bonus of the day? She didn't wake up until 8:00. That meant that we ALL got to sleep in. I'm sure that is one thing that will definitely be changing as she grows up!!

One strip at a time. There's no hurry mommy.



Waiting to go through the stockings. Hanging with Eek-Eek.



Dude. What are you doing?



New bear from Howard and Leah (people from church). I think that she likes it!

No comments: