Thursday, August 12, 2010

No go, mo' Montana

Etta's quote on Tuesday morning while she was sitting on the couch with her Uncle Eek-Eek. A different tune than on Saturday in Bozeman. "Go to my home, see mommy" was what she was saying then. But who can compare to the ultra cool uncle? I mean, really?

And just to re-emphasis her devotion to him...On Wednesday:

Mommy: Etta, did you just go to Montana?
Etta: Yes.
Mommy: Who did you see?
Etta: Grandma Cindy.
Mommy: Who else?
Etta: Baba.
Mommy: And...?...Uncle...?
Etta: Eek-Eek. (Sigh) I miss Eek-Eek.

Bob was in charge of the camera for this trip. And Etta. By himself. So there aren't a ton of pictures. Although I don't always get a lot either... Oh well, there are a few good ones!

Baba Eddie and Etta heading out. I would have to say this is one of my favorite pictures - EVER!



Chatting with Duke.



Learning the ropes.



And "solo" driving!



Peeing in the field. A girl's got to do what a girl's got to do!



Bye, bye combines.



[I am very sad that I didn't get to be there for her first harvest. But I am very thankful that she got to go and spend time during this very important season. Am hoping that next year we can all make the trip together! And (even though I shouldn't be...) I am thankful that it rained a bit so that she actually got to see Erik & dad more than just a few times in the field...]

1 comment:

Team Weaver said...

Wow! Way to go Bob on the peeing in a field. The pictures are great...way to be in charge Bob!