Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Thinking about walking

There is part of me that wants Etta to start walking and there is part of me that is just fine with her not walking. I know that it will come, she is actually very close. Things will get more hectic - BUT - when she can actually walk on her own then she can get down and run around instead of having to be in the stroller or be held.

Saturday was a perfect example. After being in the car seat on the way up to Moscow, pushed around the Farmer's Market for awhile and then held at the bakery she was ready to go. [If you ask my mom she will tell you that I let Etta crawl around on the - GASP!!! - sidewalk for a bit. I just felt sorry for the kid.] We did find some carpeting, so she could crawl, and she is okay at holding on to a hand to find her own way.

If. I. Could. Just. Pull. The. Table.



Intense concentration.



I think that I'm moving!



Here we go!



Can I get in the water Mom?



No! I won't jump in! Promise!!

3 comments:

Molly Wicks said...

Go Etta Girl Go! You are so super cute! Love Big Ed is the background as the stroller patrol! Once you start walking I am sure you will be mommy's new running partner because mommy will be running after you! Love you, Aunt Molly

Ellen said...

I let Ben crawl on the sidewalk, etc. all the time... don't feel bad. He can't be strapped in all the time - or at least, that's the way I see it.

Kent and Annie said...

Go Etta! I love the "bite on my lower lip in concentration" look, so cute. I remember seeing you in Spokane when Etta was Brooke's age and mentioning how you can't get anything done b/c you have to watch her constantly. NOW I get it! (as I write she wanders off down the hallway). See ya! :)