Sunday, September 13, 2009

Rails to Trails

Bull Run Lake Trailhead (Rose Lake) to Enaville Trailhead (The Snake Pit). Approximately 28 miles of fun! (14 miles both ways.) We spent the night at Sherry and Joe's in St. Maries so that we didn't have to make a three hour trip BEFORE getting on the bikes Saturday morning.

Okay mom and dad. I'm ready to go. Get in and buckle up.



Is this how I shift? (Note the cell phone in the left hand...)



Grandma Cathy and Grandpa Steve came along.



Daddy and Etta waiting to hit the trail.



At the midway point, just before lunch. Phew! Get me out of here for a few minutes!



So this is what the scenery actually looks like.



Mommy and Sherry coming down the final stretch. Grandma and Grandpa in the back ground.



The Snake Pit for lunch. YES!



WaterIceWaterIceWaterIceWaterIceWaterIceWaterIceWaterIceWaterIce. It was hot.



Headed back after lunch.



A couple of scenery shots. It was gorgeous!





Following the trailer. I took this pic from my bike. Harder than taking one while driving, let me tell you. [Note: Cathy saw a lady texting on her bike. Thank goodness she was the back seat passenger on a tandem.]



Front view of the trailer. No, I was not on my bike at this time.



Group shot.



My turn on the big bike!



Dave Smith's waterfall.



Dave Smith's house. You know. Dave Smith. One of the biggest (if not BIGGEST!) car dealer in the Pacific Northwest. Who would of thought that we would have ridden right by his house? Right by the trailhead?

1 comment:

Kent and Annie said...

Wow, nice job! What stunning scenery, you should frame one of those! Fun to see where the big car guy lives. I noticed a commercial size dumpster outside his house, wonder how one family could fill that in a week!?!