Saturday, July 17, 2010

Most Recent News

I have SO many pics to put up that I don't think I'll ever catch up! But I will start with the most recent news.

Etta is officially moved into her "big girl bed".

A couple of weeks ago she threw a HUGE tantrum and crawled out of her crib. Kind of put a crimp in our plans of keeping her in the crib until Christmas...And I started thinking about the whole "that's MINE!" and didn't want to have to fight over the crib when Mae gets here. And I also realized that I am barely able to get her in and out of the crib now. What would I do for the first couple of weeks of school, when I am the *most* pregnant and Bob isn't around to help?

We were going to wait until after Bob and Etta get back from a trip to Bozeman in early August to make the switch, but then I thought, "Why wait?"

We asked her if she wanted a big girl bed, she got super excited and Thursday evening we got it all set up. She was so excited about the bed that she wanted to "get jammies on and go sweep" at 6:30! She made it to bed at 8:00 - and then proceeded to sing, talk and kick the wall for about an hour. But she didn't get up! We have had two nights and a nap of not getting out of bed at all.

A couple of important things for mommy and daddy to remember. Etta MUST climb in and out of the bed on her own. No lifting or setting. (Works for me!) Even more important, "No mommy. Dis my bed. You go Mommy, Daddy's big bed". But best for me, as she points to the crib, "Dat Baby Mae's bed". For a girl who is definitely not into sharing it is music to my ears.

She is also been reiterating that "My Gramma gave it to me. It's nice". Super cute but...actually Auntie Christine, Uncle Matt and Jonah or Noah gave it to her. A very thoughtful and generous gift for our little girl.



Using a laundry basket to pretend to play "big bed" while waiting for the real "big bed".



After last nap in the crib. This was a hard one for mommy.



[Look at the smile in each of these pics. What a great girl!]

No comments: