Thursday, July 22, 2010

Speeder Cars!

Etta is all about trains right now. She loves any train books, listens for the whistle and every. single. time we saw/crossed over railroad tracks on our last trip she would say, "Train tracks! CHOO CHOO!!!"

So I am so glad that we were able to actually *ride* on the speeder cars a couple of weekends ago in Potlatch. I had heard about the day from a FB friend and have been looking forward to it for a couple of months. I didn't worry about getting tickets, well, because, it was in Potlatch, ID. How many people could really be going? Well...I called Friday afternoon to get tickets - just in case. I was informed there were only six tickets left for the 4:15 ride. Yikes. That is not what I had planned.

We decided that we may as well take a day trip and check it out. It was pretty low key. And, of course, as soon as Etta saw the cars she said, "Etta wide it!" Oops...sorry, sweetie. Mommy was a loser and didn't get tickets...We ate our picnic lunch, listened the big band for a bit and decided it was time to go.

We went back to the main platform to use the restrooms. When we got over there I noticed that one of the drivers was sitting in his car. I took my camera (and fighting back tears) was going to ask that since we couldn't ride on the car could we at least get some pics of our daughter sitting on the car. Before I could even ask, one of the organizers (I think) said, "Are you going to ride with us today?" I kind of mumbled, "Well, no. I wasn't quick enough to get tickets..." He responded with, "Well, I just added a car to this ride and have room for three more! And that one [indicating baby Mae] can even ride for free!"

Praise God!! Doesn't He work in mysterious ways? I hustled over, paid for the tickets and we were ready to go. Needless to say, Etta LOVED it and is all ready for "Mo' train!"

The cars lined up and ready to load.



Etta took this pic. Isn't she a toddler genius? JK!



Starting out.



Great scenery.





On our car.



A couple of family shots. Um, Etta was pretty hot and tired at this point...





Can you say, limp noodle?

No comments: